Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

From "Bone Dressing" by Michelle Brooks

Bone Dressing
“So, let me see if I have this straight.” I said, wrinkling my nose and pointing at Sarah. “You, are some grade-school, past life elevator operator working the control panel of the entire entourage of my past lives kind of like a TV programmer, or Sulu in Star Trek – my own personal pint-size paranormal navigator.” My gaze and hand shifted to Beau. “Mr. Wonderful over here is the male lead in this comedy of errors otherwise known as my life, uh, lives. Furthermore, in that capacity, he also serves as the damn cruise director.” Finally, turning to T.J. I wrapped things up. “And Fluffy is the transcendental doorman, mmm, doorcat - that or maybe some kind of furry, four-legged bouncer - a roller coaster ride attendant, there to help get you on and off the ride, buckle your seatbelt, and remind you to keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times? Does that just about sum things up?”

No comments:

Post a Comment