Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From "Diary of a Part-Time Ghost" by Vered Ehsani

Diary of a Part Time Ghost (Ghosts & Shadows Book 1)
This is the part when things go from so-so to way-out not good.

I stared across the room toward the darkened eating area; the light above the sink cast a shadow of the kitchen table unto the wall. Sitting around the table’s shadow were four humanoid shadows. And guess who their faceless heads were staring at? Could it get any worse than that? Oh yeah, you bet it did.

They were watching me. They had no eyes but I knew they were watching me. I glanced down; my shadow lay on the ground as it should, connected to me and not moving about independently. Good shadow.

I looked up in time to see the four not-so-good shadowy images of my parents and two youngest sisters stand up from the flat table. I pressed my back against the counter by the sink and felt cold water seep through my T-shirt. The shadows began to lazily stretch up the wall, toward the ceiling.

“What do you want?” I whispered, but my throat was so constricted that my voice came out as a squeak.

The four forms darkened, and their fingers elongated, drifting along the ceiling toward me.

No comments:

Post a Comment