Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Friday, June 3, 2011

From "Dogs of War" by Bradley Convissar

Dogs of War
She slowly nodded.  “It was a long time ago, but I remember hearing dogs barking on several occasions from that direction.  And I remember thinking at the time how odd it was because Joanna didn’t have any dogs.  But I didn’t really give it a second thought.”

“Do you know if Jason Price is still in jail?”

She shook her head.  “I have no idea.”

I nodded.  “Thanks, Myrna.”

“What did you find, Gary?” Myrna asked, worry lines suddenly creasing her ageless face.

“You don’t want to know.”

She looked at Molly and seemed to read something in that dour puppy face.  She was a sharp woman.   “I saw the police were at your place a month ago.  Does this have something to do with that?  Did he do something to dogs?”

There was no point to denying it.  I didn’t really believe I would be able to ask all of these questions without her piecing it together.  “Yeah,” I said, a lump heavy in my throat as the memories of everything I had seen came rushing up.  “Bad things.  And it’s time to put the ghosts to rest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment