Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

From "Gray Skies" by Hugh Ashton

Beneath Gray Skies"You may not know this, but I've killed quite a lot of Germans in my time. A good number of them I killed while I had German bullets in me. One more German won't be too hard for me to manage."

Goering strutted up to come face to face with Brian. "I am giving the orders here. Maybe I can persuade your officer to forget all this if you stop this nonsense now."

Brian's hands moved in a complicated fashion too fast for David to follow.

The bayonet at the end of his rifle flashed, cutting the ribbon around Goering's neck, and the large Pour le Mérite medal fell tinkling to the sidewalk. Goering's face flushed as his hand shot to his neck, wiping away a trickle of blood that had suddenly appeared there.

"You'll pay for this!" he shouted.

"Send a letter to my bank," retorted Brian, deliberately misunderstanding Goering. "There's enough in my account to pay for a bit of dirty ribbon. Come on, David, we're off."

No comments:

Post a Comment