Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

From "Without Reproach" by AJ Barnett

Without Reproach: A romantic suspense
Jenny couldn’t stop shivering. "You been sending those letters, haven’t you. You scared the hell out of me."

"Letters?" Eduardo frowned. "What letters?"

"Filthy, despicable letters. You’ve been trying to frighten me off."

"Don’t be ridiculous." Eduardo dragged a chair over. "Sit down. You look ill."

She said, "I didn’t know your brother. I never knew him. How could I?"

She grabbed her things and spun away, but he grabbed her arm. He looked at her worriedly. "I’ll fetch a drink," he said. "You need to sit down."

"Don’t…don’t touch me." Jenny screwed her eyes. The light was fading, the room spinning, her legs buckling. She didn’t care, it didn’t matter. She had to get away.

He held on to her. "Sit down. Why are you fighting me?"

She scrubbed her face then hit out at him again, struggled to get free. She couldn’t find her handkerchief to wipe her nose; couldn’t dry her eyes, was way past caring.

"For God’s sake, why won’t you sit?"

He’d done this. Eduardo with his scheming, he’d done this. Why was it dark? "Get your hands off me," she screamed hysterically, her knees finally giving way. "Get your filthy hands off."

No comments:

Post a Comment