Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Friday, August 26, 2011

From "Superior" by Tracy Brantley

SuperiorI had been dreaming.  Wow, that’s the most vivid dream I have ever had.  It was almost as if I were sleepwalking, except that it seemed more tangible than that.  It seemed more like I had really been near Karter, and had really kissed his lips.  I started to smile and at the same time started to feel the color rising in my cheeks.  His lips were definitely as soft but yet as solid as I thought they would be.  It was then that I heard him chuckling.  I sat straight up, and there he stood by the window of my room, which was now ajar. 

“What the hell are you doing in my room?”


“You tell me, Joselin.  You were the one dreaming about me weren’t you?  No point in trying to deny it, I could practically hear you calling my name from the street.  It’s a wonder your parents haven’t come busting into your room yet.”

There weren’t enough blankets in the room to cover up this level of humiliation.  In fact there probably weren’t enough blankets on the planet,  which left me no choice but to try denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment