Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Gastien Part 2: From Dream to Destiny" by Caddy Rowland

Phillipe smiled at the girl.
“Did you say your name was Sophie?” he asked gently. 
She looked at him in surprise. She did not expect him to be kind after being forced to apologize. 
Oui, I am Sophie,” she said quietly.
“Well, Sophie, don’t look so disappointed. He comes here all of the time. You will see him again soon enough.”
Sophie’s face flamed red.“I don’t know what you are talking about! I am disappointed that I am failing as a server that is all.”
Phillipe chuckled. “Ah, Sophie! It is almost as obvious on you as it was on him.”
She jerked her face back to his in surprise. 
Then she said, “If you are talking about that man, that Gastien, I want to tell you that you are mistaken. I am not his type, I am sure.”
“Is he your type?”Phillipe questioned.
Her face turned even redder, and she turned to walk away. Phillipe put his hand on her tray. 
“Sophie, I am just saying, I know Gastien quite well. He is interested, or he would not have stood up for you. Be careful, though. He is no novice in regard to women.

No comments:

Post a Comment