Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Go No Sen" by Jacques Antoine

They rode for a couple of hours through the woods, hardly ever coming out from under the canopy of trees. If anyone was looking from above, they would be practically invisible. They stopped a couple of times to rest, and to give George a break from the jostling of the ride. His wound was starting to bother him. He was losing a lot of blood. Emily began to worry. “Dad, we gotta get you some help,” she pleaded.

“We have to keep going. There is no help around here,” he said

“How far is the nearest town?”

“Chi-chan, it’s another thirty minutes to the car.”

“Dad, you can’t make it that long, can you?”

“I dunno. I think you’ll have to take over from here. You up to it?”

“Trust me, Dad. I can do it. Clutch with my hands, shift with my feet, right?”
“Oh, Lord,” he snorted. Fortunately, Emily turned out to have a better understanding of how motorcycles work than she let on. There were only a few rough bits at the beginning. Her father hugged her from behind, and held on for dear life. He was as happy as he had ever been.

2 comments:

Jayleigh Cape said...

This is Jayleigh Cape from the blog "Till the Land Runs Out". I would like to award you the Versatile Blogger Award for your wonderful contributions to the writing world. Details are on my blog at
http://jayleigh-cape.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html
Congratulations!

Maid Service Fond du Lac said...

Good blog postt

Post a Comment