Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Monday, January 2, 2012

"Tips for Tailoring Spacetime Fabric--Vol. 2" by "Roger Bourke White Jr."

Tom is introducing himself. Tom is the only living person in New York.
Hello there.
... You can’t be real, but you seem real. So I’ll talk to you. I’m a pretty lonely guy these days. I’m Tom and I’m the only living person in New York. And I have been for three years now.
He looks back at Central Park for a moment, thinking hard, making a decision.
That may change, soon. Especially if I’m starting to see you. You’re a hallucination, of course. There used to be others, real others, I mean, but they’re all gone now ... all gone.
But it’s really nice to have someone to talk to ... anyone.
I’m about to get some dinner, would you like to join me? ... Of course you would. He grins a bit sheepishly for asking the question. Old habits die hard.
I’m probably not making sense, am I? Let me start from the beginning. I have a choice to make ... I’ve always had it. The question facing me now is ... do I want to give that choice up?
He laughs. Well ... that didn’t sound like the beginning, did it? But it is. Now let me start at something that sounds like a real beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment