Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Monday, April 16, 2012

...Chiyo examined the slumped figure across from her. #Fantasy #YA


The Weeping Empress

by Sadie S. Forsythe

“Say Muhjah,” she said. “Why do you hate him so much? I felt a little sorry for him. He just seemed kind of unfortunate.”
Muhjah popped back up and demanded, “How can you ask me that? Look at the destruction his greed has caused.”
“I know, but why do you hate him so personally?”
“As a citizen, shouldn’t I?”
Chiyo looked at him. She saw the way his gaze darted about like some drunken sailor, and she started to laugh. She laughed so hard her sides ached, she couldn’t catch her breath, and Muhjah became uncomfortable.
“Muhjah, I gave you credit for something noble and good, but that’s not it is it? The emperor’s just convenient.”
Another peal of laughter broke free, and she doubled over with the force of it. Senka dried his face, sat down next to her, and beat her on the back.
“I’m okay. I’m okay,” she said, waving him off. “Oh god, my stomach hurts.”
“I’m not all that fond of being laughed at,” Muhjah said. His tone was terse and threatening, but his body language was that of a scolded child.
“Don’t get upset. I like it so much better this way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment