Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Monday, July 4, 2011

From "I.O.U. Sex" by Sandy Nachlinger and Sandra Allen

I.O.U. SexFriends June, Kiki, and Peggy are reading June's high school diary -- decades after graduation...

Peggy hiccupped, then chuckled. “Oh, Lordy, that was a long time ago.” She crunched another handful of candy. “It’s hard to believe the three of us were really that naïve back in high school—so different from teenaged girls today. And just think of our poor boyfriends. We’d get them all worked up, then send them home with little more than a goodnight kiss.”

Kiki rolled her eyes. “Shit, if I’d known then what I know now, things would have been very different. When I think of the staying power of those eighteen-year-old guys . . .” She sighed. “Too bad we wasted it.”

Peggy put her hand over her mouth to keep her drink from spewing out with her laughter. “Please, I’m serious. Those boys must have felt as sad as a fiddle with one string. So disappointed, so . . . unfulfilled. It must have been hard on them.”

“Unfulfilled?” June grinned. “That’s priceless.”

Kiki arched an eyebrow. “That’s also an understatement if I ever heard one, but you’re sure right about the hard part.”

2 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Thank you, Bryan, for posting this. ~ Sandy N.

Bryan R. Dennis said...

My pleasure. It looks like a fun book.

Post a Comment