Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

From "Children of the Lost Moon" Gabrielle Blue

Children of the Lost Moon"I know you’re not a child. But you don’t understand the dangers involved. There’s no way you can defend yourself against a werewolf. No way."

"Look, I’m no novice, Luke. And it’s not just fencing. You’ve seen me with a sword. I’m fast. I may not be as fast as you, but I’m way better with a weapon than most people could ever dream of being. So don’t treat me like I’m your basic couch-potato teenager without a clue. I know what I’m up against. I’ve seen it. I. Get. It."

"No, I don’t think you do - get it. Savannah, werewolves may not be quite as fast as we are, but they are much faster than humans. They can rip you apart before you even have a chance to react. They also have one defining trait that we do not - if they do not kill you, but merely scratch or bite, you will become infected."

He grabbed me by the upper arms and stared down at me, face grim, indigo eyes frightening.

"You would become a werewolf.  And I would have to kill you."

No comments:

Post a Comment