Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From "Egypt: The Uprising (The Battle for Maat,Book I)" by Amira Aly

Egypt: The Uprising (The Battle for Maat, Book 1)
 I sat and stared at the screen expecting a message from one of my revolutionary friends giving me an update about the situation in Tahrir Square. I found instead an anonymous instant message. I did not think that this was even possible. I set my privacy settings high specifically so that no one could contact me except people on my contacts list. But, there it was, a flashing message on the screen. The message was composed awkwardly, almost like an email, with a salutation at the top.

      Dear Aya,

      I hope I did not startle you. Please accept my apologies. It is imperative that we talk. I am sure you are following the developments in Liberation (what you call Tahrir) Square. There is more at stake than meets the eye. The powers of evil are uniting against the innocents on the streets.

      Sincerely,

      Ma’at

Should I be changing my handle to Isis-Goddess-of-Magic now or something?

OK, I’ll play along. I was not intruged--just in the mood for some fun. But honestly, Ma’at? As in the feather-of-truth, Divine Justice Ma’at? Isn’t that just too lame?

No comments:

Post a Comment