Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

From "From Vegas with Blood" by Jonathan Sturak

From Vegas With Blood
I wish I could find a man. The guys I meet always leave a sour taste in my mouth. I would ask you about your relationships, but I don’t want to dwell on the past. Las Vegas is a city that runs from its past. I remember a strip mall right here where we are standing. You know, it had a mom-and-pop convenient mart, a gift shop, and a place to buy discounted show tickets. I remember there was also a floral shop. They had some beautiful flowers, but then the city snuck up on the strip mall and bulldozed it to make way for this kiosk village. All these tourists are walking on the same spot that those beautiful flowers had once occupied, but these people have no idea; they are oblivious to what was once here. You see, Vegas destroys, implodes, and buries its past, just as you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment