Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

From "Tear in Time" by Christopher David Petersen

Tear In Time
Dr. Morgan looked at the picture. With his eyes widening, he glanced back up at David, then back down at the picture. David could see a slight tremor in the old doctor’s hands. With the tent rolled and packed, the cot sat exposed. Dr. Morgan slowly sat down on the open cot and stared at the picture.

“Son, where did you get this?” Dr. Morgan asked slowly, mesmerized by the photo.

“Do you want to hear the truth, or do you want me to lie?” David replied, make light of Dr. Morgan’s discovery.

“I’m not sure,” Dr. Morgan replied nervously. “The truth,” he added.

“That photo was hanging in the elevator of the hospital. I was holding it when I stepped from my time period into your time period,” David answered.

He could see the old doctor struggling with what he was hearing.

David added, “Doc, it's no parlor trick. That photo's real.”

David was about to add to his explanation when Dr. Morgan cut him off.

“David, I know it's real,” Dr. Morgan stated softly, almost embarrassed by the words.

“Huh? What do you mean 'you know it's real'?” David asked.

“I have never sat for a photograph – ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment