Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

From "His Wife's Diary (Love Bites)" by Tess Allen

His Wife's Diary (Love Bites)Don’t they realize I can hear them? Yes, I’m sick, but I’m not dead yet. How could he be so heartless? I can hear them!

India Reinhart couldn’t stand to read anymore, at least not now. Her heart was aching and she wished she had never found the diary. Wished she had never gone to the yard sale in Mission Hills last Saturday and picked up that box of autographed books. Little did she know that it also contained the diary wrapped in a piece of burgundy silk buried underneath them, this diary that now was driving her to tears.

She threw the leather-bound book with its gilded edges across the room. It hit the wall with a thud and she cringed. She hadn’t meant to do that, but the way it was making her feel she didn’t know what else to do.
 Shaking, she grabbed her phone and dialed her best friend Jewel Capri’s number. Moments later Jewel answered groggily but India barely gave her a chance to say hello.

“I took your advice, Jewel. I started reading that darned thing and I really, really, really wish I hadn’t.”

She could hear Jewel catch her breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment