Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Monday, August 29, 2011

From "Hope Thinks Infinite" by E.J. Loera

Hope Thinks InfiniteHe grinned.  "It’s pretty clear your own people hate you even more than we ever could.  It seems to me, that definitely puts you on our side.”

“I have been on your side,” I assured him.  “I thought I’d made that clear.”

“Can you blame us for wanting more assurance than your word?” Jenna asked.

“I guess not, no.”

Jenna moved to our shared bars.  “Can I ask you something, Jack?  You still look super pale, and I would have thought you’d have gotten up by now – or tried at least – if you could have.  So tell me – how much more blood would you need to be okay?”
I shifted in my seat to test my strength.  It was practically nonexistent despite the illusion of my calmed body.  “By ‘okay’ I assume you mean ‘strong enough to help us take on your former crew of superhuman monsters,’ right?”  My gaze swerved to Bear.  “Is that what we’re talking about?  That was the purpose behind asking me all those questions about this ship, right?”

He nodded.  “I wasn’t planning to use the word ‘monsters,’ but yeah, I guess that’s pretty much the long and short of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment