Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"The Directionless Son of Brain" by Saurabh Sharma

Story of a directionless boy named Mind...
"Who's there?" asked Mind.

"It's me, your Uncle," replied Wisdom.

"Uncle Wisdom!" he exclaimed.

"Yes, my son," said Wisdom.

Mind immediately opened the door and greeted him. Wisdom blessed him.

Mind invited him in.

"Nice room," said Wisdom as he walked inside the room.

"Thank you!"

"So how are you son?"

"I am fine."

"What are you up to these days?"

"Well, I have not been doing anything lately."

"Why so? Is everything alright with you?"

"Yes, everything is alright. Maybe it's just a phase."

"These things usually happen at your age. You can share your problem with me. I am your best
friend, am I not?"
Mind replied, "No, no it's nothing like that. Everything is fine."

"Hmmm.. okay, leave it. Let's talk about something else. Tell me, what is your aim in life?"

"I don't know," replied Mind. "Thousands of thoughts come and go. I keep on wandering. I always try to identify myself with the thoughts so that I could know who I am and what I want to do with my life! In the end, all goes in vain, and I get even more confused. I am absolutely directionless."

No comments:

Post a Comment