Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

From "Drop Out" by Neil D Ostroff

Drop OutAn explosion of sound blasted through the building. It lurched violently to one side. Two people in the express elevator with me gripped the handrail as we continued our ascent. One was a twenty-something woman wearing tan pants, a white blouse, and an embroidered red scarf. I’d seen her many times having lunch at The Odeon on West Broadway where I worked. The other, a man, was tall and broad-shouldered. He looked about sixty, handsome, with a shock of white hair. I had never seen him before but by the looks of his tailored suit I assumed he was someone of importance.

“What the Hell just happened?” the man questioned.
“I don’t know!” I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment