Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

From "The Gifted Ones" by Lisa Vaughn

The Gifted OnesThere we were. My best friend, my idol, my mentor - with our lips pressed together! We stayed in that position for what seemed like forever,neither of us making a sound. Each carefully calculating the other's next move. I surprisingly didn't have the urge to move, get upset, or even put a stop to what was happening. Maybe this was the moment I had been waiting for, but didn't know it? It just felt right to me. Perhaps she was testing me? I certainly didn't want to fail. Instead of freaking out, I surprisingly kissed back, and she instinctively followed my signal. Our fate was being sealed, yet we had no clue of the monstrosity of this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment