Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Monday, September 5, 2011

From "Immortalis Carpe Noctem" by Katie Salidas

Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Immortalis #1)Alyssa has just awoken as a newborn vampire and is greeting her new master...

“This is my home, Alyssa.”

“And… who… what are you?”

My memory flashed to the darkness and the sound of his voice commanding me to drink. I shuddered for a second as a wave of fear struck me.

“Do not worry, Alyssa. I will not hurt you.” He breathed a heavy sigh, taking a seat next to me.

“I’ve done enough to you already.”

My hand moved instinctively to my neck. I touched the crusted scabs of two small puncture wounds. I recalled the small pinch of teeth and the pressure of his mouth against my neck.

“What exactly have you done to me?”

“I must apologize for what has happened this evening. You would have died if I had not turned you.”

“Turned? What have you turned me into?” I asked, my voice finding a small measure of strength.
“Well.” Lysander paused and took a slow, deep breath. “To put it simply—” He reached up and pinched the bridge of his nose. His eyebrows pulled together and small creases formed in between them.

I waited anxiously for what would come next.
“You are a vampire.”

No comments:

Post a Comment