Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

From "The Jester's Apprentice" by Amy Saunders

The Jester's Apprentice, A Medieval Mystery Novel"This is as far as I can go," he said between gasps. "I think you'll recognize soon enough where you are. Run straight ahead here and your home is just a couple of miles." He gripped her hand, pushing something into the crook of her palm. "Don't stop until you're inside. I have no idea how long it was until he knew we were gone. Just keep moving."

"What about you? Why can't you come with me?"

He gave her a wry smile. Philippa blushed. "Oh, of course," she said sheepishly. "But where will you go?"

"I'm not as much of a part of this crowd as I seem. I have other places to go."

Philippa surveyed his small frame, wondering what was really going on inside of his head. He kissed her hand.

"Take care, my lady. These are dangerous times." With that he bowed and sprinted in the opposite direction. Philippa hoped this all wasn't another ploy and forced her legs to move again toward Wolf Manor.

No comments:

Post a Comment