Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

From "Secret of the Scarab" by Jay Roudebush

Secret of the ScarabI really had no alternative but to make a run for it. To some extent I had the element of surprise in my favour, and Heather was a good-sized mount. I counted on getting past him and to the open road before he realized what was happening.

The torch was only ten yards or so away.

I flung back the latch, dug my heels into Heather’s side, and screamed, “COME ANUBIS!” We crashed out of the stable into the night.
The rest was a blur. The man’s light shone directly in my eyes, blinding me. There was a loud explosion, followed by a shrill yelp from Anubis. I felt myself flying through the air.


Then: blackness.

No comments:

Post a Comment