Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

From "The Life and Times of Car Johnson" by Car Johnson

The Life and Times of Car Johnson
Car finds out he has a stalker and decides to name her Stalky and write a letter thanking her for scattering tiny Car figurines made out of candy wrappers on his front lawn:

To thank Stalky, I made a six foot tall statue of what I thought she looked like out of old yogurt containers and stuck it on my front lawn, along with a special note:

Stalky (may I call you that?),

I just wanted to let you know that I think you’re awesome and I’m glad you chose to stalk me. If you ever want to get together, I’m all for it, but I know that might be impossible… since you’re my stalker and all.

PS.
I made you this statue. You are a six foot tall female mime, right?

Forever stalked,

Car

Stalky replied to my letter by tying a giant stuffed Car dummy to the tree next to my house, dressed in some clothing that had gone missing from my drawers and wearing a necklace made out of photographs taken of me in various places around the city. She also left a small note embroidered on the dummy’s chest. Meet me at the abandoned amusement park on State Street – tonight at 8 pm. Tell no one.

Yippee! I was going to meet my stalker!

No comments:

Post a Comment