Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Conquest" by Vic Rubenfeld

HOW IT ALL GOT STARTED
Actually it was kind of spooky.  I'll never forget the day because my girl friend just broke up with me that same morning. She just finally got fed up with me for being the way I am. She was excitable. She didn't mind that I wasn't excitable, but it was the way I wasn't that finally she couldn't take any more. I'm just sort of a, get up every day, get the job done, don't get distracted by stuff, just keep moving forward kind of guy. I sort of feel like a tank on a battlefield. I just keep going. Stuff can be blowing up around me, so what, I don't care, I'm still going ahead. Meanwhile she felt like I was a snail, just going along too slow, getting nowhere. Like I said, she was excitable. She started getting crazy about it, hysterical. Which didn't even faze me because I'm like what I said, and that drove her even crazier, and so it was just that same morning that she just said she was breaking up. Which was kind of like, I mean, even to a tank, a bomb goes off right underneath of you and you're going to feel it. So I was trashed and in no mood to go anywhere, much less to an audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment