Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Snow Escape" by Roberta Goodman


While using Instant Messenger to talk to Charles, a man she met through an online dating site, Allegra realizes he might be up to no good...

“Why Allegra, do you think that our building is so secure that nothing like what I’m talking about could ever happen here? Do you think the individuals that live here aren’t capable of snapping, of losing their minds, and committing horrible crimes?"

The words “our building” and “live here” hit her like a tornado. She typed, “You live in my building?" For several minutes, she waited for him to type a response.

When none came, her heart racing she wrote, “Who are you and why can’t you answer my question?"

Finally, he wrote, “I’m the one who will burrow inside your head. I’m the one who will turn you inside out. I’ve been watching you for weeks now and I know all about you and what you’re about.”

“What kind of sick game are you playing Charles? I don’t appreciate it,” Allegra demanded to know, figuring he was obviously an unbalanced individual who got off on scaring people.
“It isn’t a game; it’s who I am and what I’m about. Our conversation is over, but you will be hearing again from me soon.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for featuring Snow Escape, Bryan:) I appreciate it so much. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!!!

Post a Comment