Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

From "The Ninth District" by Douglas Dorow

The Ninth District - A ThrillerFBI Special Agent Jack Miller is pulled into a high-profile case to mentor a new agent and finds himself in a clash with the toughest opponent of his career...

“Freeze it!” Staring out from the television was the face of a bank robber, a killer, in a mock salute. “What the hell? Is that who I think it is? Rewind it and play it again.”

“Jack, I’ve watched this ten times and there’s nothing there, nothing but that salute.”

“Rewind it. I want to see it again.” Jack pointed at the flat screen television on the wall and worked his thumb up and down against the imaginary remote in his hand. “Come on, let’s go, Junior. I want to see it again.”

 “It’s Ross.”

Jack glanced back at Ross and then stared at the screen, waiting for him to play it again. “Listen. The SAC asked me to help you. I’m here to help. Let’s watch it again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment